The Contracting Specialist will perform a range of duties including negotiating contract terms, preparing contracts, evaluating bids and pricing structures, and researching current regulations. Ideal contract specialists should enjoy drafting and editing contracts and other third-party agreements should demonstrate excellent attention to detail and editing abilities and should be able to develop and review extensive pricing spreadsheets. In addition to being an excellent written and verbal communicator, the contracting specialist should also possess or be able to obtain knowledge of procurement regulations, contract agreements, and legal terminology.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drafts subcontract agreements and subcontract modifications for service providers across multiple programs and service fields;
- Drafts non-disclosure agreements, consulting service agreements, and other third-party agreements for service providers;
- Works with vendors to develop and maintain accurate and legible pricing sheets to serve as support for subcontract pricing;
- Works with Endeavors’ counsel and contracting consultants to review third-party agreements;
- Develops and maintains accurate statements of work for subcontractors and consultants so as to define and improve the delivery of services by service providers;
- Develops and maintains processes for the drafting, signature, and filing of all third-party agreements;
- Maintains an orderly catalogue of all subcontracts and other agreements;
- Ensures adherence of all vendors to invoicing and purchase order process;
- Works with budget team to establish monthly invoice ceilings and accruals;
Required Position Qualifications: (Minimum qualifications required by the contract/program to be considered for hire into this position)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or other social or human services fields;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure;
- Strong organization and project management skills;
- Basic understanding of, or ability to learn fundamental legal terminologies;
- High competence in Excel and creating legible pricing spreadsheets;
- Friendly and personable demeanor;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and relevant software.
Preferred Position Qualifications: (preference may be given to those who hold these qualifications; however, candidates who meet the required position qualifications are encouraged to apply)
- (2) Years of relevant work experience;
- Experience with Migration and immigration;
- Masters’s Degree in a relevant field.
WORK LOCATION: San Antonio, Texas; remote
EXCEPTIONS TO THESE CRITERIA MUST BE APPROVED BY THE DEPARTMENT HEAD.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
COMMUNICATION: Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly and concisely communicate specific contractual terms and conditions in writing and to relay them over the phone or in person as needed.
ORGANIZATION: Excellent organizational skills and ability to track and provide updates on dozens of third-party agreements in development. Above normal levels of concentration and memory required. Requires good time management practices and the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
COMPUTER: Must possess a high level of computer skills for all office functions, with particular proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
DECISION MAKING: Ability to evaluate contractual edits and changes and elevate risk assessments as needed.
Constant – Ability to input data into computer, make calculations, complete paperwork, and produce reports.
Constant – Ability to communicate with staff, outside agencies and others over the telephone and in person.
Indoors: 100% – Office environment; normal noise conditions. Outdoors: 0 % –
REPORTS TO: Director for Contract Innovation & Administration
Disclaimer: Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, for any reason.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
Federal Contract Requirements: Provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Contract Administrators: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote
APPLY NOW! by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
** HyLoSo International is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age